Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tying the knot after 6 decades.


I ran across this when I was surfing the net early one morning. This gay male couple has been together 60 years. If that's not love, then I don't know what is. Seeing things like this gives me hope. Love really can conquer all.


"Tying the Knot After Six Decades
By Michelle Garcia



After a 60-year romance, a gay couple in their 80s tied the knot in Washington, D.C., June 20.

Henry Schalizki and Bob Davis exchanged their vows at the J. W. Marriott in Washington in front of 60 friends and family members, according to The Washington Post. The couple reveals that while Schalizki immediately set his sights on a wedding after the District of Columbia enacted marriage equality, Davis was not as enthusiastic.

"We're accepted as two human beings, always as a couple. I said, 'I don't see any reason for it,'" Davis said. "Besides that, Vera Wang will never make a gown for me to wear.""

No comments:

Post a Comment